Since years SAMPE chapters worldwide (e.g. France, Switzerland, US) organize bridge design contests between engineering student teams in their chapter. iN 2017 SAMPE Benelux offered, for the first time, the same challenge to Benelux engineering students.
The competition was held at the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering at TUDelft and was a great success. 6 teams from 6 different educational schools in the Netherlands and Belgium competed to build the best composite bridge. Participants are:
- UGent MA3X (Universiteit Gent)
- HiCoreBridge (Econcore)
- SaxyBridge (Saxion University of Applied Sciences)
- Pontifics (Hogeschool InHolland)
- Mind The Gap (KUL Campus Brugge)
- Aero Bridge Inholland (Inholland University of Applied Sciences – Aeronautical Engineering, Delft, NL)
- Bridgey McBridgeface (TU Delft L&R)
The SaxyBridge team took home the €400 prize money and 3D printed bridge!
Download the succes flyer here